Paul Pogba to leave if Manchester United fail to qualify for the Champions League

first_imgAdvertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterFriday 1 Mar 2019 11:56 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Paul Pogba to leave if Manchester United fail to qualify for the Champions Leaguecenter_img Pogba claimed an assist in United’s win vs Palace (Picture: Getty)Paul Pogba will leave Manchester United for a return to Juventus this summer if the Red Devils fail to finish in the top four, according to reports.The Frenchman has been linked with a return to Turin for a number of months now, especially during Jose Mourinho’s reign in the United dugout.The two of them endured a strained relationship last year, with many suggesting Pogba’s days at the club were numbered.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityHowever, since the Portuguese left United the speculation surrounding Pogba has seemingly quietened down with him now loving his football again under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.ADVERTISEMENTBut, it’s not all back to normal for the Red Devils, with Italian newspaper Tuttosport reporting the 25-year-old could still return to Turin this summer if his current club do not secure Champions League football for next season.AdvertisementAdvertisementUnited are just a point behind Arsenal in fourth spot in the Premier League, but they face difficult fixtures against Chelsea and Manchester City as well as the Gunners themselves before the season is over.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsIt’s unknown how much would be needed to prize Pogba away from United, but Tuttosport claim he will not be willing to participate in Europa League football for another season.The 2018 World Cup-winner has enjoyed a return to form under Solskjaer, bagging nine goals and assisting seven others since Mourinho’s departure from the club.United’s next fixture is against Southampton on Saturday at Old Trafford.MORE: De Gea prepared to walk out on United as club refuse to meet his £400,000-a-week wage demands Advertisementlast_img read more

WV FREE FROM CHINA VIRUS BUT…

first_imgThiswould set it apart from cases like SARS and Ebola and make it much harder tocontain. The first to be quarantined, accordingto Dr. Cornelio Cuachon of the Aklan Provincial Health Office, was a29-year-old Chinese national. This was on Jan. 17. The second was athree-year-old girl on Jan. 18.The third was a 65-year-old Chinese, on Jan. 20. DOHREGION 6 PREPARES The virus causes severe acuterespiratory infection and symptoms seem to start with a fever, followed by adry cough. After a week, some people can experience shortness of breath andneed hospital treatment. WHAT’STHE NEW CORONAVIRUS? “All of them were negative for thevirus,” said Alonsabe. On Tuesday, an expert at China’sNational Health Commission said one week was sufficient for a recovery frommild coronavirus symptoms. Throat swab specimens were collectedfrom the three foreigners then these were sent to the Research Institute forTropical Medicine in Manila for analysis. Howeverunlike China, it says it remains unclear whether the virus is contagious beforesymptoms appear. Theincubation period can range from two to 10 days, according to the World HealthOrganization. The effect of the coronavirus familyon humans has long been observed mainly in the form of the common cold. Inrecent decades though, more serious coronaviruses – like SARS or MERS – haveproven potentially deadly to humans. Health facilities identified byprovinces where persons under investigation will be admitted or observed willalso be assessed, said Pulmones, on their screening processes, isolationprocedures, clinical management, transport of patients, and risk communication. The new coronavirus is thought to haveemerged from illegally traded wildlife at a seafood market in Wuhan City, Chinaand can now spread between people. Also, avoid close contact with peopleshowing cold or flu-like symptoms and those with unprotected contact with farmor wild animals. Proper training on how the equipmentis donned will also be undertaken. PRECAUTIONARYMEASURES Western Visayas thus remains free fromthis virus, according to Dr. Jessie Glen Alosabe, epidemiologist of theDepartment of Health (DOH) Region 6. Yesterday afternoon health authoritiesmet with infectious disease specialists from the cities of Iloilo and Bacolodto get their opinion on issuing local and regional advisories and guidelinesespecially on case management, infection prevention and control, case detectionand surveillance. “We received the results of theirlaboratory tests,” said Alonsabe yesterday. An incident command system (ICS) hasbeen established with Regional Director Marlyn Convocar as the responsibleofficial. This is on top of the raising of thecode white alert across Western Visayas on Jan. 22, according to Dr. Ma. SophiaPulmones, chief of DOH Region 6’s Local Health Support Division. The three have been released from thehospital, he added. ILOILO City – The three BoracayIsland-bound Chinese nationals quarantined at the Dr. Rafael S. TumbukonMemorial Hospital in Kalibo, Aklan tested negative for the novel coronavirus(2019-nCoV) that as of yesterday has killed over a hundred people in China andmade ill over 4,500 others. DOH-6 will also be prepositioningpersonal protective equipment (PPE) and N95 masks in case there will be a surgein the number of persons under investigation. In its advisory, the Health departmentexplained that coronavirus is an emerging infectious disease, however, simpleprotection measures lower the risk of the infection. “We have to ensure that the ports ofentry in Western Visayas are properly activated and covered,” she said. Last week, Pulmones said theyconferred with provincial health officers of Aklan and Iloilo because these twoprovinces have international airports. Chineseauthorities over the weekend said the virus was – like a normal flu – able tospread during its incubation period and before any symptoms appeared. Yet even in the cases of severeviruses most people infected were likely to fully recover just as they wouldfrom a normal flu. DOH-6 reiterated the need for thepublic to take precautionary measures to protect themselves from respiratoryinfections. These include frequent hand washingwith soap and water, and observe proper cough etiquette. The virus itself is a new, or “novel”coronavirus – a family that normally affects animals. Moreover, it is also important thatfood is cooked thoroughly, it stressed. (Withreports from the Philippine News Agency and BBC/PN)last_img read more

Carragher hails Reds’ signings

first_img The club are continuing their pursuit on that front with interest in Sevilla’s Columbia centre-forward Carlos Bacca and Venezuela’s Salomon Rondon, who have both been in action at the Copa America. Reds chief executive Ian Ayre has now returned home from Chile having secured the Firmino deal but the pair remain an option, although Sevilla have warned Bacca will not come cheap with a buy-out clause reported to be £25million. “I’m no fortune-teller but top strikers in the market there aren’t that many. Bacca has averaged 24.5 goals, 21 goals in his first season at the club and 28 in his second,” Sevilla sporting director Monchi told the club’s website. “I hope no one pays his buy-out clause. (£25million). It’s a risk we take but we can’t do anything about that. “We gave him a new contract 10 months ago and I believe he and his family are very happy here but I cannot predict the future.” With a sixth signing on the verge of completion it means manager Brendan Rodgers has spent about £50million on strengthening his squad – coincidentally the same amount Liverpool value Raheem Sterling at having recently turned down an offer £10million shy of that from Manchester City. The club maintain this summer’s outlay – particularly that of £29million Firmino, who will become their second most expensive signing in their history – is not dependent on the sale of their wantaway England winger. However, with no likelihood of the 20-year-old extending his contract beyond the current two years remaining and relations with his agent Aidy Ward having deteriorated in the last couple of months it appears increasingly possible. The Clyne transfer is the fourth between Southampton and the Merseyside club in the last 13 months – taking the total cost of Saints signings to £60million – after last summer’s signing of Dejan Lovren, Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana. Of that trio only the latter looked close to fitting in at Anfield with Lambert expected to be moved on in the next few weeks and Lovren fighting for his first-team place. Clyne is not likely to have the competition his former Saints team-mate faced with Javier Manquillo, due to start the second year of his loan from Atletico Madrid, having struggled to impress and academy graduate Jon Flanagan not going to be fit from a second knee injury until late in the year. A deal, reported to be worth £12.5million, for the England right-back is at an advanced stage and he would become the sixth arrival at Anfield. Clyne, 24, is currently on holiday but he is expected to be signed on a five-year deal on his return. There appears to have been a determined effort to get signings done early this year with the arrival of Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino, Manchester City midfielder James Milner, Burnley striker Danny Ings, Charlton defender Joe Gomez and Bolton goalkeeper Adam Bogdan already done. The capture of Clyne would virtually complete the business the club set themselves after finishing sixth last month, losing their Champions League status after just one year. Carragher believes completing so much business even before the players are due back in for pre-season should benefit the Reds. “I saw Nathaniel Clyne at St Mary’s after a game last season and told him to sign for LFC – he took my advice!” the former centre-back wrote on Kicca. “I think it’s another good signing for the club to go along with the other business already done. “The early deals were a couple of squad players (Ings and Bogdan) and also James Milner, who are all an improvement on what’s currently in the squad. “The last week has seen the signings of Clyne & Firmino, which will improve the team more than the squad and that’s what costs the big money. “Credit to the club for getting these deals done early as every club wants to do that but few do. Another striker still needed though!” Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has praised his old club for getting ahead of the game in the transfer market as a sixth summer signing edges closer in the form of Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne. Press Associationlast_img read more