Benton County Farmers Give President Trump an Interesting Thank You Message

first_img SHARE Facebook Twitter “I just never expected this. And if it helps us in any way focus on what we are out here, doing what we do trying to feed people here as well as the world, then how can it not be a good thing.”The picture was tweeted out by Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue and then retweeted by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders. You can also find it on our Facebook and Twitter accounts. Benton County Farmers Give President Trump an Interesting Thank You MessageThe picture has now gone viral. You’ve probably seen it on social media or even on Fox and Friends Sunday morning. It started out as a conversation in the coffee shop and turned into a maze thanking President Trump for his announcement to allow year-round sales of E15.Bruce Buchanan farms with his son, Allen, in Benton County, Indiana. When someone suggested the idea, Buchanan said, “Surely, we’re not going to mow down a 220-bushel corn crop. I mean, I’ve been farming long enough to know that I’m not going to do that.”So, he sought help from someone in the precision planting field to use his combine and harvest the corn. He said he lost a bit of yield by doing it that way, but he still felt it was worth it.“The problem became when you had the curvature of the lettering, you did lay over a few stalks here and there, but nothing to what you might have expected. And we did harvest four semi loads.”Why did Buchanan want to do it? He said he’s heard and read that year-round E15 sales could have an impact of an additional 2 billion bushels of corn demand, and he wanted to thank President Trump for his efforts to help farmers.“Even if it only affects us in 40 percent of what I have been told or read about the usage of corn, certainly it helps us to rid ourselves of the huge carryovers that we’re enduring right now. That’s the problem in our markets is that we are too good at what we do. So, in my mind, a lot of what we have is on us. As much or more so than it is on a tariff situation which we’re only trying to do for the good of the country.The media and social media attention that the picture has received has been surprising to Buchanan. Home Indiana Agriculture News Benton County Farmers Give President Trump an Interesting Thank You Message Benton County Farmers Give President Trump an Interesting Thank You Messagecenter_img By Eric Pfeiffer – Oct 22, 2018 Facebook Twitter SHARE Previous articleHigh Winds Lodging More CornNext articleRyan Martin’s Indiana Ag Forecast for October 23, 2018 Eric Pfeifferlast_img read more

Have to take best of both legacy and modern clubs for one league: Asian Football Confederation

first_imgAsian Football Confederation (AFC) general secretary Dato Windsor John on Wednesday said while taking a call on starting one Indian football league, the best of “heritage clubs” and “modern” ones have to be taken into consideration.At present the I-League and the Indian Super League (ISL) run simultaneously.”No. I am not sure if you are aware there was a big (meeting). I have not seen the report yet. Once we see the report two-three experts will take a call on what is to be done,” Windsor John told reporters on the sidelines of the FIFA U-17 World Cup semi-final between England and Brazil here.”On one side there are legacy clubs. On the other side are the modern clubs. How do we take the best of both for Indian football. I think that should be the focal point rather than merger.”The AFC had all stakeholders’ meeting earlier this year where it was decided that for the short term I-League and the Indian Super League (ISL) will be take place simultaneously while in the longer run there has to be one league.”AFC in its statutes that one country one league. We just gave a provision for a transition. One league is sure. I have to reports and then we need to sit with AIFF and ISL,” the AFC secretary said.Asked about the fate of city football giants East Bengal and Mohun Bagan who have refused to pay participation fee, Windsor John said their contribution over the years cannot be forgotten.advertisement”We cannot forget their supporters’ base. We are conscious of their contribution to football. If today football is alive it is because of them,” he said.All India Football Federation (AIFF) general secretary Kushal Das added that they are trying to merge the two leagues by next year.”There will be one league. It’s not been decided yet. Dates but most likely it will be from next season,” Das said.”They have to fulfil the criteria. They have to pay participation fee. They cannot compromise with it,” Das added.After meeting all state associations and clubs across the country, FIFA and AFC officials will do market research and then prepare a draft on the merger of the I-League and the ISL.last_img read more

Zeenat Aman is mesmerized by beauty and cleanliness of Nagaland

first_imgMumbai:Veteran actress Zeenat Aman has said she is mesmerized by the beauty and cleanliness of Nagaland. She added that Northeastern state is full of talent — be it in music, painting or other art forms. “I have visited Nagaland and it is such a beautiful place. The people there are warm, lovely and friendly in nature. I have to say that there is so much of talent there — be it music, painting or other arts forms.” said Zeenat,whileinteracting with the media when she came out to support Former Miss Nagaland 2012 Imlibenla Wati during a special non-commercial photo shoot on Thursday in Mumbai. Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka “Nagaland is one of the cleanest places in India. It’s very beautiful and scenic. People there take pride in keeping everything neat and clean. They decorate their houses by planting trees and flowers so, I have fond memories of places I have visited in Nagaland,” she added. Imlibenla Wati has represented India at the Miss Asia Pacific World 2016 pageant in China, while Zeenat won the title of Miss Asia Pacific in 1970. Praising Imlibenla for her achievements, Zeenat said: “I was so happy to meet this young lady (Imlibenla Wati). She has won many competitions like Miss Nagaland, Miss India Elite and Miss Asia Pacific India, so it’s very relevant because I was the first person to win Miss Asia. I think she is very beautiful, intelligent and softspoken.” Also Read – Salman Khan remembers actor Vinod Khanna Zeenat Aman was one of the top actresses of the seventies and the eighties, and she starred in numerous blockbiusters of that era, including “Hare Rama Hare Krishna”, “Don”, “Yaadon Ki Baaraat”, “Dharam Veer”, “Qurbani” and “Satyam Shivam Sundaram” among many others. Asked what she feels about portrayal of Indian women in Hindi films in recent times, she said: “Honestly speaking, I haven’t watched a lot movies recently, so I cannot give you a comment on what’s happening.”last_img read more

IT Ministry Google sign pact on Build for Digital India

first_imgNew Delhi: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) on Saturday entered into a partnership with Google with the aim of rolling out “Build for Digital India”, a programme that will give engineering students a platform to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address key social problems. The programme will invite ideas from students to focus on areas of healthcare, agriculture, education, smart cities and infrastructure, women safety, smart mobility and transportation, environment, accessibility and disability and digital literacy. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalAs part of the programme, engineering students across the country will be invited to apply and join in a learning journey that will help them transform their bright ideas into real-world solutions. Applicants will take part in online and offline learning opportunities on key technologies such as Machine Learning, Cloud and Android. These will be offered through Google’s Developer Student Club network and other Google Developer networks. Google will also offer mentorship sessions in product design, strategy and technology to the most promising products and prototypes. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boost”I am delighted that Ministry of Electronics and IT and Google have come together for ‘Build for Digital India’ initiative. This initiative will not only motivate the college students across India to innovate but will also produce some good technology solutions for some major social challenges of India,” IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in a statement. A formal call to join the programme will be announced soon, Google said. “Advanced new technologies like Machine Learning and AI can help address at scale some of the toughest social challenges that India faces today,” said Karan Bhatia, Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Google. “We are pleased to be partnering with MeitY to reach, inspire and equip today’s young engineers with the technical and entrepreneurial skills and the mentorship they need to turn their bright ideas into tomorrow’s breakthrough solutions,” Bhatia added.last_img read more

Klopp The Title would be keenly contested

first_imgLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes this season’s title race would be too close to call regarding the current form of top teams.Klopp shared his thoughts in the post-match interview of the Cardiff game where they emerged 4-1 winners to climb to the top.“What makes the difference is the number of points because the difference between 23 and 26 feels like 20 points.“It’s really important to stay on track. We will all meet each other, it’s unbelievable that five or six clubs have such a big number of points but it only makes it even more intense.“It’s good for the people and the supporters of different clubs. Klopp made this known according to 101greatgoals.divock origi, liverpoolReport: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“Today it was clear that if we win it would be like that. We won, but for us it’s just the next step, that’s cool. Now we have time to recover.“It’s the first time for a lot of the boys that they don’t play in three days’ time. We will use the time to recover then prepare the Arsenal game, which will be another nice challenge.“We had very good moments and periods where we could have done better.“But we played on Wednesday and we had to create and create and create. That is really hard work to be honest. It’s so difficult.”last_img read more

Beto ORourke to hold San DiegoArea town hall discussion

first_img April 30, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke is schedule to conclude his first trip to California as a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday by holding  a town hall discussion near Lincoln Park.Doors to the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation are set to open at 10 a.m. People interested in attending are asked to RSVP at act.betoorourke.com/event/beto-events/31464.The town hall comes a day after O’Rourke released a plan to confront climate change, visited Yosemite National Park and conducted a roundtable discussion at Modesto Junior College, meeting with farmers, advocates, industry experts, academics from California’s Central Valley to learn about how climate change is impacting their communities and what solutions they believe are most effective.O’Rourke began the trip Saturday by holding a rally at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College. He conducted a town hall in San Francisco on Sunday.In a three-minute, 25-second video sent to supporters declaring his candidacy, the 46-year-old O’Rourke called for “fixing our democracy and ensuring that our government works for everyone and not just for corporations.”O’Rourke also promised to “listen to, and lift up rural America,” “work on real justice reform, and confront the hard truths of slavery, and segregation and suppression in these United States of America,” and “reassert our global leadership and end these decades-long wars, and be there for every woman and man who’ve served in them.”In response to O’Rourke’s declaration, Republican National Committee Communications Director Michael Ahrens said, “Beto O’Rourke failed to get anything done in Congress, and with extreme policies like government-run health care and tearing down border barriers, his 2020 bid won’t be successful either.”O’Rourke was a three-term congressman from the El Paso area who gained nationwide prominence for his unsuccessful challenge of Sen. Ted Cruz, R- Texas, in 2018, receiving more votes than any Democrat in Texas.Born Robert Francis O’Rourke on Sept. 26, 1972, in El Paso, O’Rourke’s Irish American family gave him the nickname “Beto” while he was an infant, initially to distinguish him from his grandfather, Robert V. Williams.Beto is a common Spanish nickname for first names ending in “berto.”O’Rourke received a bachelor’s degree from Columbia University in 1995, majoring in English literature.O’Rourke began his political career in 2005, when he defeated a two- term incumbent to win a seat on the El Paso City Council. He served on the council through 2011.O’Rourke defeated eight-term incumbent Rep. Silvestre Reyes in a primary in 2012 and won the general election race in the predominantly Democratic district by more than 30 percentage points.If elected, O’Rourke would be the first president born in the 1970s and the second Roman Catholic, joining John F. Kennedy. Beto O’Rourke to hold San Diego-Area town hall discussion KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom center_img Updated: 6:05 PM Posted: April 30, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News, Politics FacebookTwitterlast_img read more